profile photo tips from lovestruck
Today those cool guys from Lovestruck are taking over the blog to share with you their top profile photo tips after listening to what they’re members are saying. Over to the cool guys….
Are you feeling frustrated with the lack of responses to your dating profile online? The chances are: you are missing a great profile picture. However hard you’ve tried to create the perfect answers to questions about your likes and dislikes and personality, your picture is the first thing they see and the one thing that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Here at Lovestruck, we are in the business of helping everyone find that perfect person, so here are some rules for you to follow:
- Have a picture: Sounds like a no brainer, right? You’d be surprised how many people don’t “get around” to putting one up, but according to our members, 88 per cent wouldn’t even consider contacting someone without seeing a photograph of them first.
- Have at least one picture showing you doing something that you are passionate about: While a headshot and full-length shot are essential, if you can post a picture if you doing something you love,78 per cent of our members said it peaked their interest. And according to a recent survey by Wired magazine, out of 1000 sporting possibilities, the one that makes men appear most attractive to women is surfing, while men love women who practise yoga. Who knew?
- Use a recent picture: Using an old picture might that makes you look younger/slimmer/with more hair might seem like a good idea at the time, but if you meet someone, they will see that you lied. Lying by omission is never a good idea – and 73 per cent of our members said that someone who did this would probably not make it to a second date.
- Have a candid, relaxed shot: Make sure any profile picture captures you looking relaxed and happy – and smile! Happiness is attractive and 82 per cent of our members think smiling pictures are more attractive than serious poses.
- Pucker up: Girls, if you gently pout your lips, 55 per cent of our male members are likely to be interested. However, go overboard and you risk the dreaded duck face look, which would turn 47 per cent of our male participants off.
- Pose with a friend: While it might not show off your social side, don’t use a picture of you and a crowd of friends, else it might not be entirely clear which of you is looking for love.
- Pose shirtless, guys: Our female members said that shirtless pictures are a turn-off because they give out the wrong impression – with 56 per cent saying they would flick over their picture. Guys if you are sporty (and have great abs), wear a tight t-shirt instead. Remember – less is more!
- Wear too much make-up, girls: As well as making it look like you are trying too hard, if you are caked with make-up, it is very hard to see the real person underneath. 55 per cent of our male members prefer the natural look.
- Use weird accessories: Handfuls of money, a joke rifle or your pet hamster – these are not suitable posing accessories.
- Use a picture with spare limbs: Don’t use a picture where someone else has been cropped out and there is the odd stray arm still visible draped over your shoulder. Who is that? An ex?
Do you have any other posing dos and don’ts that you think are important? Come tell us @lovestruck